STCW Basic safety training for seafarers
Compulsory safety course for anyone who is going to work on a boat. The course was formerly known as IMO60.
NOTE - This course is conducted in English.
Hvem trenger kurset?
Everyone who works on a boat and is a part of the emergency preparedness on board. Those who work on passenger ships must also have course in crisis and passenger handling.
Hva lærer deltakerne?
- Establish good attitudes for safety.
- To maintain safety and prevent pollution while operating the ship
- Be able to use the equipment available on board in an emergency.
- Personal rescue techniques
Hvilke krav stilles til forkunnskap?
Hva må kursdeltaker ha med på kurset?
It is recommended to bring a change of clothes, as the practical exercises may get wet. Boots and coveralls are provided for exercises.
Hvordan gjennomføres kurset?
The course is conducted over five weekdays where the first three days last until 17:30. The course will be both theoretical and practical exercises.
- Hot lunch is served every day.
- 100% attendance to pass the course.
- Must be repeated within 5 years